- Avatar Marketplace http://members.avatarmarketplace.com/
- Rexxed http://www.rexxed.com/ (mainly xml files for upload to opensim via meerkat, open for creators to sell their goods)
- My Opensim http://myopensim.com/ (mainly designed to serve content to the Myopengrid but does have some full perms stuff)
- ReactionGrid's Outpost http://outpost.reactiongrid.com/ (more highend tools that everyday shopping - but includes some great stuff)
- SLapt http://slapt.me/ (which is an independent shopping destination for SL primarily, but allows creators to specify their work as 'for opensim' as well as in SL
- Total Avatar Shop http://www.totalavatarshop.com/ which will deliver to ReactionGrid or Second Life.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Techtip: Digital Content for OpenSim Servers
One of the things about Second Life is its walled garden policy regarding digital content. In many ways this is understood; people do want to make a living from their creations, and allowing for exportation is basically an opening for piracy. But, it does leave the content challenged, such as myself, a little left out when we set up Open Simulator servers.
This situation is now being at least partially rectified at the following sites I received on an email list I subscribe to in Australia - source Twitter: http://twitter.com/jokay: